Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Where do you put your newspapers and magazines?

A book is easy to put down and have it look good while you wait to grab it again and continue reading, however magazines and newspapers are another subject. I find it's nice to a have a go-to place for grabbing a magazine or the paper, otherwise an overflowing pile is bound to happen. In our kitchen I have this magazine rack and newspaper bin....love them both. I like having reading material in the kitchen. It's nice if you are alone while grabbing a bite to eat/cup of tea to drink that you have something to read or glance through. This rack houses reading material for my husband, me and our three year old daughter. Having the following two pieces in our kitchen truly helps to limit clutter...once either is full then it's time to pass a pile of magazines to my neighbor or recycle the newspapers.

  This little NEWS bin is one of my favorites. It's a touch whimiscal, but very pratical.
I purchased this newspaper bin from Chiasso.
Here is the link:  http://www.chiasso.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=47285&from=bestsellers
Where do you put your newspapers and magazines?    

5 comments:

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Nice idea. My magazines really pile up and I rarely throw them away....they are piled everywhere (pretty much hidden). I usually take the paper right to the recycling bin but my husband does gripe that I am often too quick to do so....so this is probably a good idea!

Hamptontoes said...

Susie,
Our deal is that once the NEWS bin is full it's time to take all the papers out and put in the recycle bin in the garage. Otherwise, it could get out of control (I don't function well in clutter)!

Kellie Collis said...

They are stacked here and there as decoration!! x

Unknown said...

Hi. Great post...could really use some inspiration in this department. Like that these are so different!

Lindsay said...

I love the clear magazine holders from The Container Store. Your magazine rack looks great though! xx